Healthcare Facility Planning & Consulting
Is your organization prepared and capable of developing a new healthcare facility?
Unless an owner has had extensive previous experience in developing healthcare facilities and in operating them, a specialized program manager will be needed to represent his best interests and to oversee the implementation of the project. VHC has the required expertise to guarantee the successful implementation of a new healthcare project from inception to commissioning.
- Assessment of internal organization’s capabilities and position to undertake development of new facilities. This includes formulating the vision, strategies and tactics of the stakeholders.
- Building internal capacity and capabilities to undertake development of projects which includes board structure, medical staff structure, management organization, and leadership development.
- Development of organizational structure, governance and management control of new and existing facilities. This entails crating operating models and concepts of operations.
- Geographic distribution of facilities and satellite planning. This takes into consideration planning for a continuum of care model that addresses ambulatory services, primary care, secondary care, acute care and post–acute care
- Planning, development and deployment of Clinical Programs and services. This is performed in close coordination of management, clinical and physician leadership to cover a broad range of clinical services and to define appropriate delivery models for the programs and the facility, financial, manpower and technology implications for the services. Manpower planning encompasses all administrative and clinical categories including medical staff requirements and credentialing.
- Business Line planning including governance, management structure, organizational structure, and integration of departments. It also includes alignment of management and medical staff to manage the facilities.
- Financial planning including revenue and expense modeling as well as resource allocations and capital planning. The process includes funds flow within and between organizations / departments as all aspects of affiliations and merger options.
- Financial operational audits, assessments, productivity measurements and analysis to develop performance metrics and benchmarking. Determine the financial marks to measure the organization’s progress towards achieving financial targets.
System / Network / Group Practice formation which can le ad to mergers and acquisitions and other partnerships. The process begins with an evaluation of potential partners, and asset divestiture; and leads to negotiation, final appropriate selection and implementation planning